Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Remember the Milk and Jott

Remember the Milk is an interesting concept, but I think it has more applications for personal use or use between two people than it does for group use.

I've been very involved in the current WAPL Conference planning and last year's WLA program planning and I think Remember the Milk has some potential. However, since the same tasks are often aimed at more than one person I think you would need a checklist for each person in the group, rather than one checklist for the group.

On another topic, I didn't like how you were limited to one entry per line of text - I thought it would keep entire email messages together rather than split them up.

One non-library use that this might assist with is a group event or group travel. For example, we go on an annual camping trip with friends and if we had a list of all of the shared items that were needed (not everyone needs to bring their own grill, etc.), each couple could check off or remove items that they plan on bringing.

Jott is a cool concept. I'm out of the office quite a bit for meetings, and often something comes up that I need to make a note of and handle when I get back to the library. It would be very simple and easy to call and leave yourself a reminder message.

No comments: